Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm being technologically special lately. My wonderful hoo-hah phone (that I now realize has replaced my brain) crashed. AAAaaargh! Calm down, Carol Anne - just sync it and everything will be back. Nope. Nothing there. (Did you know that the license plate on my Jeep says "TURETS?" I earned it, mostly with episodes and epithets like yesterday's.) So now I've lost my schedule and hundreds of phone numbers that apparently I haven't stored anyplace else. Why would I put them anyplace else? I have a wonderful phone with a computer back-up. Wrong.

Then I borrowed Mike's Blazer to go to a Grievance Committee meeting in Phoenix. On the way home the "check engine" light came on. I pulled over and figured out to lift the hood and checked the engine. Yep - there's an engine, right there. Got back in and started it up and the "check engine" light is still lit up. "But I did! I checked the engine!" Momentary and muttered TURETS this time.
So Mike takes his Blazer to Brain The Car Doctor. Brain hooks it up to his voodoo instruments and they tell him that it misfired while going 93 MPH with the throttle at 80% and Mike comes home and shakes his finger at me and explains (again) the photo radar and that they'll mail me a felony speeding ticket. Yes, Dear.


Then Nick The Computer Doctor replaced the old Windows OS on my office computer with a Linux system. I'm sure that it's absolutely wonderful, but it's different - instead of clicking on the little spinning world now I click on the bird and my brain is not seeming to want to develop this new habit.

So I'm thrashing around feeling betrayed and snitched on and challenged and then finally realize that if these are the worst things that happen this week then I'm doing pretty darn well. I remember to count my blessings, and to pray for the billions of people out there that would trade problems with me in a New York heartbeat.

I know that this post is not so much about the business of real estate as it is about being grateful that I do have a phone and a car and a computer to cuss at. If you wanted real estate, give me a holler and I'll talk about it for as long as you want, but right now I'm just feeling happy to have a roof over my head and a family to share my life with and the technology to share these thoughts with you. Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment